Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm a lazy bum and did nothing but watch movies all through the Holiday season!

Yep, thats right, over the past two weeks I have spent my days waking up at 11 am and watching movies all day. When my alarm wakes me up at 6:45am tomorrow, I will be plunged back into the real world - but before that, I thought I would send out a list of the awesome movies I saw over the past few weeks:

Kit Kittredge: An American Girl














I watched this because I am a HUGE American Girl fan and I love me some Abigail Breslin. I thought it would be a cute, sweet movie but it turned out to be really awesome! Great story with great characters and a total family tear-jerker movie. Totally reccomend it - for everyone!


Slumdog Millionaire























I give this one 5/5 stars! I have been waiting for this movie for a while because I am a huge SKINS fan and love Dev Patel and M.I.A. has a ton of songs featured in it so I have been looking forward to the awesomeness that is Danny Boyle paired with M.I.A. and Dev Patel and
was blown away! This movie is SO cleverly done and just a spectacular film! It will definately be a DVD purchase! Best movie I saw all break!!!

Seven Pounds


















I watched this one on a whim and was impressed. Seeing as the last Will Smith movie I watched was I Am Legend, I didn't have such high hopes. This movie drew me in from the beginning and I had no idea what the movie was about until the end but wasnt turned off from it at all. Very depressing but quite a good movie. Will Smith's acting ability really shone through and the ending totally made the whole movie worth it!

Pineapple Express

















Good laugh! Heart Seth Rogan and there were some great lines that caused me and M to truely laugh out loud! James Franco is absolutely fabulous! Another one to add to the Superbad, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin collection for sure!

Milk












My sister told me I should watch this one. Sean Penn was incredible in it - absolutely deserves an award for his performance!! Overall, it was a good movie. I dont think I got too into the movie and I dont really know why - but it was some very impressive acting and quite an all-star cast!

Yes Man
















Jim Carey has done it once again! On the level with Liar Liar this one is. I watched it in really shitty quality as well and was still laughing my ass off! And once again, Will from ALIAS plays a not-so-likable character which was a nice surprise to see his adorable face!

Burn After Reading

















bleh. I dont know if I just wasnt in the mood for this movie or if I just didnt get it. With such an amazing cast I was expecting something truely awesome....but it was kinda boring and just....bleh.


Vicky Christina Barcelona

















I have been waiting to see this movie for AGES but M thought it was too much of a "girlie" movie and didnt want to go see it. LOVED it. Penelope Cruiz is insane in it and I loved all the great shots of Barcelona and the crazy twisted relationships going on. Great, great film. Bravo Woody.

Im sure I have forgot some and I am leaving out the partial movies that I have seen like "The Tale of Despereaux," "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," and "Che" (the last of which I will finish this week and keep you updated! I really want to see the rest of Benjamin Button but the video I was watching lost the sound half way through so I stopped watching.

Off to work tomorrow....sigh.



No comments: